web analytics

Thursday, March 31, 2016

But Yourself.

 She said, "Man, I guess I want to fuck you. And I want to fuck all of your friends too. Because no one leaves me half-empty half as much as you."
 That's a polaroid of November. I have it pinned up backward on my desk-I don't have the courage to burn your pictures yet. If I was one of those thin, blonde, girls with pretty lips, I'd pretend to be promiscuous. But I think even then I wouldn't have the courage.
 I sit behind a cubicle all day while all the things I used to boil for slowly evaporate. Let the steam of my dreams roll over you; they are hovering over the hot tracks behind a train that is already gone. My passion couldn't stick around for anyone...not even me.
 Well, maybe for you...

 Because
 I want to fuck you.
 And all of your friends too.

 Except...except...maybe them first.
 You know? Because it's not like you ever treated me with dignity or respect. Passivity v.s. maturity-I haven't decided yet. I wish you would have woken up for anyone.

 Rot inside the hive beside pictures of your last life,
 And your ex-wife.
 Grieve something contrived.

 You're not fooling anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment