web analytics

Friday, March 18, 2016

I'm too tired to fall in love again.
I'm so sick with all the grieving in my belly.
Day in and day out
I writhe in bed
With Vodka on my breath

Asking Jesus to just take me.

My throat stinks too much for heaven;
Venom spills out of every pore.
I am the eighth deadly sin.

The temptress.
And in my womanhood
I brought spoils to the land.

My portion is a sad aside.
I am not a writer anymore.
But I hide here
And wonder if you read it-

Wonder if you understand it
The way you never understood

When I asked you to leave
I was begging you to stay.

You didn't stay.
You went back to the wife you couldn't leave
Even after
The fallout.

Your bed was empty.
So I crawled into it.

Young girl.
Lost girl.

Shame on me for looking for love
Inside a barren chest.

You were sick at best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment