web analytics

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Thirst

I am color-blocked in cubicle greys.
I blame God for not loving me enough
To pave roads carved into arms that sprawl, spread, and wrap
Like the wrinkles of 
The Tennessee terrain
Outlined
In red
Along the map.

Was He deliberate as romance?
They said Song of Songs would rain down
Like a honey dance and we would be 
Drenched bees, 
Mouths opened wide,
Just living in it. 

But 
My throat has been cut out.

I blame the God of voice boxes;
Of bent, tiny feet.
The God of lost ribbons 
Who stole my grandmother too soon.

I blame the God "refuge"-
Hudled bricks 
And crimson pews
Where women fan themselves,
Talking about 
Young ones with 
Inseams too short
Who are waiting too long for marriage.

Because...
"We are the reckless, we are the wild youth,
Painting visions of our futures..."

And the crotches of trees are too full
Of twigs for birds to nest.
Jesus! If you're real, make my shoulders stop hurting.
You took away the one who rubbed them best. 

Then you put your God knife to my gut throat.
Yet you did not cut the desperate question out.
And you drown me down to residue with Truth to sing about.

"You're a good, good father.
 It's who You are."
And I do know I'm loved by You.
I do.
I'm just a gaping spaghetti-o can licking orphan-cat
Confused. 

Will my brash tenacity
Still quake like the sound
Of gambling coins 
When I'm old like you?

Jesus. I'm a harlot.
Sponge bathe me in your
Crude,
Crimson
Blood.

Circumfuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment