web analytics

Monday, November 18, 2013

Smitten:

  Tonight I'm lying in my Nashville bed missing Grand Rapids so much my heart hurts. I praise God for introducing me to my Take Hold family. I have fallen in love so deeply with Michigan. When I got back, Ms. Tolbert stopped me and asked me if I had enjoyed my trip. When I was immediately elated she snarled and responded with: "Grand Rapids? Are you serious? What's there to love about Grand Rapids?" My response? Everything. I am enamored. I love the people. I love their accents and the way Canadians in the area say: "Ehh?" or perhaps it's more of an: "Aye." I love the way they walk everywhere--even when it's frigid to the bone. I even miss the cold rain.
  The Heartside District and the society's compassion for the homeless is completely inspiring.
  Beautiful little Mitten city--
  You belong in the palm of
  My hand.