web analytics

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Walk

Jesus,
 Break my hands so that I might experience something more beautiful than poetry. Nail my scraps of written paper to the cross so that my words might die and at Your mercy be resurrected. Lord, rejuvenate and refine them. Let us walk into the dark woods--hanging lanterns in the trees; Glow the ground, God. May the work of my hands be left behind me, drenched by rain and wild storm: That I might shed my childish identity to worship on the tuffet of the Lord. Only Your words birthed life: A Kingdom with Divine eyes, lips, and breath [in the form of man].
  Lord, I beg of You--

  Beckon me.

  Jesus,
  Break my hands...

  So that I might experience
  Something more beautiful than
  Poetry.

  Incline my ears to the broad silence of You:
  Let static fall
  Like rain on
  The stale paper
  Of
  My dry,
  Cracking hands.

  So that I would be broken
  To trust You more:

  Strengthen
  The feeble
  Strands of
  My
  Faith.

  I pray
  Growth
  Over this season;
  That I might
  Plunge into the
  Rich,
  Fertile
  Soil of
  Your
  Truth:

  I am pining
  For my dormancies
  To be wrung
  Out
  For you.

  Ordain my words,
  Father--

  By molding them into
  Feet
  That

  Flee from the
  Comfort of
  My flesh

  Into suffering.