web analytics

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

A Little Place by Barcelona


After a warm conversation
Between friends

Beneath the glistening twinkle lights
Of Village Pub,

I drove Harrison home.

As he waited on the stoop for Pat to unlock the door,
I reflected on Emily's desire to move to Spain--

To do   far   away   studies
And   far   away   things.

I pulled out of the driveway,

Slow at first--

Listening through cracked windows
To the sound of large rocks
Cradling themselves
Into the grooves of my tires.
   
                                         "This is the sound of loss,"

I said to myself:

                                         "This is the same,
                                                             sad,
                                                                song."

Then God
Spoke into my ears
A resounding cliche

That unfurled like
A concept
I'd never heard before:


Loving others
Really is 
Worth the risk.



                                     
         
                 I'm not deaf anymore.