Online--
Hoping
Someone will
Respond
This time.
Sending messages out into the static fray
Like letters in bottles
Hoping someone on the other
End will
Have
The decency
To have
something
left
To
Say.
No one wants to be left hanging with the
Last word.
I hung myself
With the last
Word--
My double-edge sword.
I showed you my vulnerability,
Now my cheeks are
Chaffed like a
Child.
I'm heat.
Before there was iMessage
I bet people had a great animosity toward fate;
Maybe that is what all of this is about.
They sat the God that
Held their future in His hands
Down in an
Electric chair
And fried
The poignancy out of
Waiting.
Tonight I'm with them.
There was no "read" receipt
To
Relieve the tension
In necks that can
Hardly bolster up
Heavy heads.
And the silence?
Lasted for weeks.
Every moment feels like a week here.
No more sleep here.
No more sleep in this
Little House.