web analytics

Saturday, April 5, 2014

 We're back to writing passive aggressive things between the lines--

Online--

 Hoping
 Someone will
 Respond
 This time.

 Sending messages out into the static fray
 Like letters in bottles
 Hoping someone on the other
 End will
 Have something left to say 
 The decency 
 To have
 something
 left
 To
 Say.

 No one wants to be left hanging with the
 Last word.

 I hung myself
 With the last
 Word--

 My double-edge sword.

 I showed you my vulnerability,
 Now my cheeks are
 Chaffed like a
 Child.

 I'm heat.

 Before there was iMessage
 I bet people had a great animosity toward fate;

 Maybe that is what all of this is about.
 They sat the God that
 Held their future in His hands
 Down in an
 Electric chair

 And fried
 The poignancy out of
 Waiting.

 Tonight I'm with them.

 There was no "read" receipt
 To
 Relieve the tension
 In necks that can
 Hardly bolster up
 Heavy heads.



 And the silence?

 Lasted for weeks.

 Every moment feels like a week here.

 No more sleep here.

                No more sleep in this
                Little House.