web analytics

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Unrest

   Death is slow.
 
   The strings of my chest--
   Spring forth;

   Pop and coil--
   Lasso the face of the hovering,
   Naked,

   V o i d .

   If the room wasn't dark,
   And if I were still a poet

   My night-hands
   Would
   Awkwardly fumble--

   Dumpster dive,

   Like starving children
   In the
   Near-by
   Drawer

   For a paper and pen

   Just to
   Compose for you
 
   Something c o n s t a n t
   And e l o q u e n t.


   Your ears would be lulled
   To sleep by
   The whisper
   Of
   My
   C i r c a d i a n   R h y t h m--

   Where music suffers
 
  And

   The
   Dull beat
   Ricocheting
   Off the cages
   Of your chest

   Is all I have to
   
  Keep

  Me

  In

 Time.


  I wish I could have

  Kept
  You

  In time.



   I medicate--

   Inject you
   Into
   My veins:

   My fix 

   When I can't wait

   On the burning bushes
   Of elusive
   God heads
 
  With whom
  I'm always aching to
  Collaborate,

  To whom
  My flesh cries out:

  "Alleviate. 
   This.
   Pain."
   

  I ripped out my
  Oxygen
  And my
  IV
  In
  Traffic today:

  A sea of

  5:00.

  W i t h o u t  Y o u
 I 
A m 
S e a 
Of

  5:00. 



  Fumes. 

  The fluid in my eyes is gasoline;
  My nose is
  Constructed
  By
  Black coated,
  Coughing
  Metal
  Tail pipes.


  My chest rattles:
  Scathed by
  The cadences
  Of my demons
  As they align
  One-by-one,

  Executing
  Perfectly
  The footwork
  After
  Sound-off.

 Mine is the body 
That aches for
Consumption--

Prays:
"Rest. Come."

Whose nervous system
Rings

After death--

Springs
Forth 

Twitching 

Fighting, 
Flailing wildly
For its last chance
To live.

Lord, 
I don't want it to live. 

I want the hour to be too late
To rectify this sin.

Father, 

                                                    Extinguish 
                                                     My dreams 
                                                    Of what
                                                                   Could have
been.