Cushioned between the crisp, warm, fresh-out-of-the-dryer sheets of my "melt-me" bed, I write this...to you. "You". Blogger is interesting because unlike Tumblr and Wordpress it is more difficult to get your work out there. I began using Blogger when I was 18. My other compilations are listed at the bottom of the page. Hayzlette once asked me: "How on earth does a person have 13 blogs?" Simple. I write by season. "New Leaves this Color" has not phased out yet. It has been a regenerative season. I have plans for an upcoming project. However, I am "Rolodexing"all of my creative ideas until I reach some short-term goals. I was lucky to mark off several of my January goals this week. My room is immaculate, my vehicle is purged, and every article of clothing I have is folded and nestled perfectly in my drawers. I feel so grown up.
I have a great deal of time on my hands these days. My social scene has radically shifted. I am making new friends outside of my church community which has been an incredibly healthy pursuit. In some cases, the word "pursuit" would not be an appropriate term. A few have fallen into my lap. Others have heavily pursued me. I have gained a yoga buddy, a bar hopping beer connoisseur, a room full of Enneagram 5's, five writers, a peculiar artist in a dark corner, a woman with cherry lips, and an old friend who feels like a warm house.
I know this is Jesus.
Hello, relief.