web analytics

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Ambush

 Still you have to convince my waking mind--war torn with anxiety when I could hardly
 Sleep for the keeping of
 All my resolutions.
 The goals like
 Concrete walls go up
 And I can't scale them
 Tell me
 Will you be by my
         Bedside when my eyes open to the shrill sound of
 Daylight
 Pawing at
 My ivory skin?
    I am coming apart at the seams

  You press the needle and thread into me again.
                        Why do you


  Love me like this?

            I come not equipped for mercy.

            You touched my lips
            Caked with vomit-
All the words I
            Can't help but say because
                        They are death speech


 And death comes quicker than I can catch it.

                But you don't flinch.
 You
           Hold me soft in your hands
           You call me your moonbeam.

          You say I reflect the Son.

 I don't know why.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment