web analytics

Saturday, April 29, 2017

I Need, Too Much

Take the cap off of me.

Fumble with
Tortoise shell buttons
1
And
2.

I touch my barren
Waste

Land.

This was so impromptu.

And calculated.

I have rehearsed you
Ever since I knew
How to take someone
In the dark;

Like on TV
Or what I imagine
Love would be.

I will sigh to all the right
Downbeats.
You're the needle on my mind
Your toenails
Scratch
Scratch
Into me.

I revolve and revolve and revolve
Around the places you
Touch me.
In all the fine-line
Crevices
I bellow hollow
Songs.

Vaulted ceilings
Amplify us into the night,
To the curious heads of all the
Neighbors who
Assume
Everything
It wasn't.

I pull you over me.

A weighted blanket
To smother myself
With.

It's not your fault.

But you will
Get

All the blame.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment