web analytics

Wednesday, August 28, 2013



   I am an August Wednesday. Soft feet shed the bindings of leather straps, buckles, tongues, and laces; Plunge their naked soles into my umber, raw, earth. The whimsicality of me kisses your cheeks; You admire the airiness of my negative spaces-illuminated by the beams of a fading summer. The fingers and toes of my trees branch outward; Their foliage creates emerald canopies against the naked canvas of a Richland garden.

  I memorized your veins here.

  I thirst for your thighs
  And the way your
  Freckles turn to
  Caramel
  In the face of a
  Spring Sun.

  I miss the way you
  Let me chart them:

  My
  Precious
  Transfixed
  Stars.

  I am 22 chapters invested. My arches are still empty. My pages were once full of wonder.

                                                             I am listless mysteries.

 
We loved each other so much we died inside of it--
   A
       Romantic Tragedy.
  

    You were literary.
  And I was rows
  And rows
  Of words.

You read
The crevices of my skin
Like worship:
Traced my 
Limbs
Like morning dew. 

I was gardens
Of fragrance
And ambrosia.

I drank you. 

         I am older now.
But you'd know me by my hands,
         The break in my laugh,
                           
And the way I always have to be
                Right.



 I loved you coarse.
 I loved you bold.
 I loved you deep.

 

      Wrenched in vibrant transparency:
             Oh-
      All the secrets
      I can't keep.