web analytics

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

  I want all of these things--and you; You, because you know exactly how I love my oddly patterned tea-cups aligned; You, because when I'm clean you celebrate me, but when I'm messy--you don't mind; You, because you love both the size of my personality and the inner conflict that constantly wrestles inside of me.
  I want you.
  I want you and a small house, with a cozy wool throw and a sunken in couch.
  I want you with pumpkin spice coffee, and sausage migas in the morning.
  I want you in a plaid pajama set at Christmas time, with your scrunched, calf-length socks, and your white v-neck underneath.
  I want your baggage.
  I want to take it from the trunk of our car after the honeymoon and unpack it with you [if you want to], or hide it away in a closet for you [if you don't want to face it just yet].
 I want you because you don't mind that my vice is cigarettes.
 I want you because you like me without eye makeup. You memorize my golden, my hazel, my emerald strands. I want you because of the freckle on your thumb, and the strength and boldness in your hands.
 I want a shed full of canvases, and a slooping stoop with twinkle lights.
 I want paint in the carpet, and mud on my shoes, and a garden full flourishing.
 I want the smell of your soap on your skin, and to wake up with it on my skin.
 I want all of these things
 And you.

 But mainly you.

 And I suppose it's what I've always wanted.
 I think I started dreaming you up when I was thirteen years old;
 Back when I wrote sock drawers full of poems about imaginary love.
 I breathed you into existence with my pen--
 And you've always been more than enough.

 And as the days are passing, I'm getting older.
 And autumn keeps changing and staying the same.
 And in her sameness, I think she wants you too.
 You, here--
 The way it was supposed to be...
 The way the melancholic planned it would be:

 The way I want it to be--

 With all of these things,

 And you.