web analytics

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Under 
Bath 
Water 
[Like a child];

Refuse to come
Above 
For 

5...
4...
3...
2...
1...

    Then...
    When the light hits my
    Coral and
    Ivory
    Skin,
            I am a woman again;
     Trying to wash my sins away,
                                                   
                                            With the iridescent bubbles
                                                           That
                                                     The light makes

                                               C O L O R F U L.

      Frigid;
      Unwavering...
     The Water: 
                        
From Warm,
 To Tepid
  To cool.

                                  The burn on my eyelids doesn't feel anymore,

                                                       My skin
                                              [as frágil as a match-head]
                                                            Un-sears itself.

                My toes fold into
             The resistance of the porcelain tub


Whose satiny
Surface
Silkily
Absorbs the tune I hum--

                 Who shutters as it reverberates,

                                                                 Who sings too.