web analytics

Sunday, January 5, 2014

 I listen to Hanz drowning out the click-clacking of my laptop; Since I was seventeen years old I have enjoyed engulfing myself in his music. Particularly when I am sad.
  And I am.

  Today, I received a message from a dear friend: An unlikely friend [as Stephanie would say]. "Unlikely" because--we have no real reason to be friends, there is nothing tying us together except for the fact that we just are. We exist on the same sphere, and by fate, by chance, or by God--perhaps--we were "brought" together. I never gave said friend enough credit.
    I was challenged...
    To stop running.

    "But my feet have been planted for so long..."
      I responded.

     He insisted I stop stirring: Let the stilled hush settle over me: Allow peace to have me.

      I am liquifying.
      I do not know if this is a good thing.
     
      But I won't have feet
      To run
     
       F A S T
 
       Away.