web analytics

Monday, March 17, 2014

A Season of Rest

I have been taking a break from New Leaves this Color to invest myself in a new project! In January I decided I would spend a season portfolio building. I had no idea at the time that the Lord would move me to want. Last week I took a walk to the corner store around sunset. I was listening to The Ember Days' "Finger Painting." I had a vision of myself opening an acceptance letter. Whether it was God or just my imagination, I do not know. As I pondered on this, I started considering my dreams and how I felt hopeless in them. I have felt for a long time like an aimless wanderer. Two weeks ago, I began experiencing a burden to going back to school. I will complete my first Bachelors in Psychology in May, and that elusive next step has been a huge question mark in my mind since I was a sophomore. On a whim, I contacted the art director of my dream school; I sent her my portfolio. I asked an overarching [and kind of dangerous] question: "Am I good enough to waste my time even applying for your program?" Her response overwhelmed me with kindness and encouragement! I took a tour of Belmont last week, and have been cranking out pieces trying to accumulate 20 that are my "best" work. My application to Belmont University is due July 1, 2014, however my goal is to submit it by April 1, 2014.

If accepted, I am going to pursue a second Bachelors in Studio Art [my dream degree],
And then [hopefully] go on to accept a Masters in Art Therapy.

If you're checking in to read my latest work, I apologize. I am busy! Here is new amazing reading material that can feed your addiction! My friend Kristina is an amazing writer and has just started a blog. Enjoy her journey, and check in soon!

http://stoweawaybriar.wordpress.com

P.S.
Be on the lookout for the link to my new art website! I'm officially publishing it whenever I can purchase it!

AJM