web analytics

Monday, December 28, 2015

Separate

 I taste you and it's morning.
 You are the dry, sweet. 

 You are my mouth,
 My lips,
 My tongue. 

 I see my spirit hanging
 From the wooden beams
 Of your high house. 

 Watch me watch myself
 As I draw blood in the 
 Dull ache
 To remind autumn there is 
 Still something 
 Behind
 My ribcage. 

 Somewhere on the road that is me
 There is a house where
 Demons shoot whiskey 
 And play the fiddle 
 And 
 Cast lots.

 When they do 
 My eyes are gaping wounds. 
 She is everything I am not. 

 When will my bones stagger
 Like drunken sailors 
 Awake? 
 And writhe 
 Like children do 
 Inside the second life they'll make?

 I loved you naked, 
 In bare feet. 
 There were no wires, 
 Just static heat 
 And swaying. 
 We were October. 
 Now I am older.

 And 
 I am 
 Old enough 
 To know 
 How to stitch myself up

(From where the marriage was). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment