web analytics

Sunday, July 21, 2013


     In my earlier writings, I often wrote about the dream that lead me to Nashville. The dream itself deserves an entire blog. In summary, I encountered Christ on a mountain top, and He asked me to follow Him. At the time I was not a believer. Christ chased me. The Fray's "You Found Me," has always resonated deeply with me. For some odd reason He came searching for me. He flipped my life upside down. 
   At The Keeill we have been singing "Nothing I Hold Onto" by United Pursuit Band. Today I meditated and let the words drown me. For a very long time I have been climbing up this mountain and down this mountain, and around this mountain. I have set up camp and stalled on this mountain. But I have not been climbing with open hands. What an interesting visual. How does one climb with open hands? What a great deal of faith that would take. When I was a wide-eyed 20 year old I came to Nashville with unshakable faith. Despite the opinion of many of my professors that "one cannot hear God," I believe we can. Despite my valleys of silence and sorrow with God I am still certain. As I consider the upcoming year, I am going to pursue this challenge: To climb...to do everything with my hands wide open.