web analytics

Saturday, December 12, 2015

Critic

"I think you're resting on a talent you perceive you have but don't actually have."-My "Best" Friend (On my writing)

"I don't know why you're wasting your time with art. You are a great writer and your art is honestly not that strong." -A Close Friend (On my art)

"You need to stop pursuing English just to chase your boyfriend around. It's sweet you have an anthology of poetry. But I think your time would be spent better in different coursework. Maybe the teaching program?" -Dr. Holley (On allowing me to take a Shakespeare course)

"Why would I buy one of your paintings when I could make the same thing on my own?"-A Creative Acquaintance (At one of my art shows)

"D-, I don't think you've ever even read Hamlet."-Dr. Rogers (After my third reading, fifth paper and senior semester study on Hamlet)

"I like some of your art." -An Ex Boyfriend

"You don't think you're really going to write books someday are you? Writing is just a hobby. You didn't even end up with an English degree."-An Old Friend 


"You really think you're going to find a job right out of college?You're the least employable friend I have." -A Close Friend (During a conversation on dreams)

"You're always on the brink of a mental and emotional breakdown. What's new?" -My Previous Therapist


"Your work hurts my eyes."-An AP Student (Commenting on my final project)


"God I pray Jade would stop wearing so much makeup and stop dressing so flamboyantly. Tell her she can remove all these masks and facades she tents herself with." -An Intercessor 


"You're a psycho. And you're unsafe. You're too broken to serve God." -A Pastor

"Your art is just...so loud. I would never hang that in my house."-An Acquaintance 

"Let's face it. You're nothing. And nobody loves you. And nobody has ever wanted you."-A Person in Leadership


"I'm the writer in this relationship." -A Once Close Friend 

"You're unique with a capital U. But you're like owning an exotic tiger. You're just too high maintenance to keep. So, to love you I have to set you free." -An Ex Boyfriend  


"Your degree is a joke. You'll never have what it takes to go out on the mission field. It seems to me you've just lost your way. It's time to give up the ghost." -A Person in Leadership

"Maybe she doesn't like to read your work because she's a real writer."-A Friend 


"Art is a selfish endeavor. You need to do something that glorifies God. Turn your eyes upon Jesus!"-A Missions Major 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment